Fairfield House and Park

   
Category: Arts and Heritage
Types: Attractions, Historic Sites
Region: Eastern Ontario
Address: 4574 Bath Road , Amherstview
Phone: (613) 386-7351
Season: July 1 to Labour Day
Fairfield House and Park

  Map - Driving Directions       Map - Find Nearby Businesses

Built by the United Empire Loyalist William Fairfield in 1793, the building has been restored to its original Georgian style by the St. Lawrence Parks Commission. The Fairfield House is situated on several acres of park with a playground, picnic tables and barbeque area. Found on the shores of Lake Ontario, the limestone bluffs make relaxing tanning spots with views of Amherst Island and the Brothers Islands. In 2000, the Fairfield House was named by the Canada Royal Architectural Institute to be one of the 250 best examples of Canadian Architecture over the last 1000 years. Open Wed-Sun 11am-4:30pm. Tours at other times are available.

Historic Site Scenic Location Bus Tours Welcome Picnic Tables/Area

Move your mouse cursor over each icon for more info!

Cash / Travellers Cheques
 

Find It Fast!

Search by company name or leave it blank to use the category search, then click GO!

or

For more options click here.