Lost Villages Museum

   
Category: Arts and Heritage
Types: Museums, Archives
Region: Eastern Ontario
Address: 16361 Fran Laflamme Dr, (off Cty Rd 2), Long Sault
Phone: (613) 534-2423
Lost Villages Museum

  Map - Driving Directions       Map - Find Nearby Businesses

The Lost Villages Museum is a collection of ten heritage buildings, set in a park-like setting at Ault Park, South Stormont Township's oldest park. The stories of the Hydro and Seaway projects of the 1950s, and the destruction of six communities along the St. Lawrence River, are told through photographs, visual aids and videos. Researchers are encouraged to use the resources at the Forbes Memorial Reading Room, a restored 1901 library. The village contains the MacLeod log house, Moulinette Railway Station, Zina Hill Barber Shop, Manson/Lapierre Grocery Store, McDonald Blacksmith Shop, Roxborough Schoolhouse, Sandtown Advent Christian Church and the Wales Driveshed. Washroom and picnic facilities are available in the park.

Historic Site Museum Public Washrooms Scenic Location Bus Tours Welcome Gift Shop Picnic Tables/Area Wheel Chair Accessible History

Move your mouse cursor over each icon for more info!

Cash / Travellers Cheques
 

Find It Fast!

Search by company name or leave it blank to use the category search, then click GO!

or

For more options click here.