Carman House Museum

   
Category: Arts and Heritage
Types: Attractions, Museums
Region: Eastern Ontario
Address: Carman Rd, Iroquois
Phone: (613) 652-4422
Season: July & August. 10am - 5pm

  Map - Driving Directions       Map - Find Nearby Businesses

This museum was built around 1820 and is one of only three homes that were not moved during the flooding for the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway. This United Empire Loyalist heritage home has been restored as a living history museum set in 1835. Interesting features of the house include the dry sink and "behive oven". Costumed interpretive tours and a video tape of the relocation of the village to make way for the St. Lawrence Seaway in 1958 are available. Picnic tables are situated on the grounds. Special events occur throughout the summer and a special Christmas event is held.

Museum Picnic Tables/Area Wheel Chair Accessible History

Move your mouse cursor over each icon for more info!

 

Find It Fast!

Search by company name or leave it blank to use the category search, then click GO!

or

For more options click here.