Ameliasburgh Historical Museum

   
Category: Arts and Heritage
Types: Museums
Region: Central Ontario
Address: Ameliasburg, Ameliasburg
Phone: 613-968-9678
Ameliasburgh Historical Museum

  Map - Driving Directions       Map - Find Nearby Businesses

Located in beautiful Prince Edward County we have become well known as one of the finest local museums of Ontario. Ameliasburgh Historical Museum has grown from one building, in 1968, to a complex of many buildings and attractions. The main building was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site. A log cabin was donated to the museum in 1969. Display barns were built and furnished. A blacksmith shop with hand pumped bellows and a forge in working order followed. A sap shanty, barns, bird pens and animal compounds were built. A large stone building, a windmill and a milk house were added. Other attractions now include a carpenter's shop, corn cribs and a pea viner. Activity day programs and school programs continue each year. Exhibits and demonstrations of weaving, spinning, rope making, bee keeping and blacksmithing are featured. A large, stationary Goldie Corliss Steam Engine with its eighteen foot fly wheel is sure to interest the viewer. The wheel turns on special activity days. A variety of specialty tours and meal options are available.

Museum Public Washrooms Picnic Tables/Area Open Year-Round History

Move your mouse cursor over each icon for more info!

 

Find It Fast!

Search by company name or leave it blank to use the category search, then click GO!

or

For more options click here.