Frontenac County Court House

   
Category: Arts and Heritage
Types: Historic Sites
Region: Eastern Ontario
Address: 5 Court St, Kingston
Phone:
Frontenac County Court House

  Map - Driving Directions       Map - Find Nearby Businesses

The original Court House was built in 1796. In 1855, it was replaced by a new stone building. The first session of court to be held in the new building was in November 1858. In 1874 and 1931, fire damaged the building but each time it was completely rebuilt. The court house was built with many of the same features as city hall. The height of the building is only 25 to 30 metres tall but it appears to be much taller. Most of the stone for the building was quarried on the site. The fountain is a memorial to Sir Charles Airey Kirkpatrick, son of Kingston's first mayor who eventually became lieutenant governor of Ontario.

Historic Site History

Move your mouse cursor over each icon for more info!

 

Find It Fast!

Search by company name or leave it blank to use the category search, then click GO!

or

For more options click here.